Sunday 12 January 2014

His Last Wow [WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS FOR SHERLOCK]

When Sherlock first came on I thought it was cool.

I missed most of Series 2. But I caught up. Still thought it was cool.

Now that series 3 is finished, I just want MOAR AND MOAR AND MOAR!

That episode was fantastic. I could not fault it. Lars Mikkelsen played a fantastic part as Charles Augustus Magnussen and the whole plot line was absolutely flawless. For the first time since November 23rd 2013, Steven Moffat got something right.

But, obviously, the episode is going to be over-shadowed by what happens at the end.

If you do not wish to see the resolution of the episode, do not scroll down and leave this post until such a time that you have witnessed the awesome.















































I, for one, am personally glad that Moriarty has returned. (Or has he?) As a Whovian, I often associate him with the Master. But, the truth is, Moriarty is a Victorian creation whereas the Master came into existence in 1971. Moriarty is the original. And Andrew Scott, who currently plays him, does such a good job with it. I was shocked and saddened in The Reichenbach Fall when Moriarty blew his brains out because, at the time, I thought that was it! Kaput! A terrible end to a wonderful villain and psychopath.

But has he returned? Who knows? Well, Moffat and Gatiss obviously do.

But you wonderful men. You wonderful, wonderful men.

With this though, I think we should also pay tribute to Lars Mikkelsen who performed an equally wonderful character as Charles Augustus Magnussen as I feel that the whole Moriarty thing might overshadow his role. Let's not forget the part he played in setting Sherlock up for the rest of his life. He's a murderer now and everyone's going to know it. I wonder how that'll factor into Series 4.

LET'S JUST HOPE IT'S NOT A TWO YEAR WAIT!

Joshua, out!



No comments:

Post a Comment