Tuesday 3 December 2013

MY SONG OF THE YEAR: 2013


So, as a music buff, I always try and find new songs to fall in love with. And this song could come from any genre at all. I'm a rather open minded person when it comes to music.

But this year was tricky as so many good songs came out. So, as always, I had to make a shortlist.

*Disclaimer: This shortlist reflects my own personal opinion. No-one elses*

The first short list was:

'My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark (Light Em Up)' by FALL OUT BOY
'The Paddington Frisk' by ENTER SHIKARI
'Always' by KILLSWITCH ENGAGE
'This Is Gospel' by PANIC! AT THE DISCO
'Biblical' by BIFFY CLYRO
'Resist' by TESSERACT
'Radioactive' by IMAGINE DRAGONS
'Never Never' by KORN
'A Light That Never Comes' by LINKIN PARK X STEVE AOKI
'Conquistador' by THIRTY SECONDS TO MARS

As you can see from these 10 songs, they're incredibly diverse. And I love each of them for many reasons. For example, I love My Songs Know by Fall Out Boy because it was their comeback single. I wasn't particularly keen on the album that followed but all the same, I thought it was a great song.

But from all of these, I had to pick my favourite. All of them were fantastic and it was really hard to choose my favourite. But I have done. And I'd like to briefly explain why.

My SONG OF THE YEAR 2013 is awarded to:

'RESIST'' BY TESSERACT

The song is a short song by the British prog metal group and isn't perhaps as complex as much of their other stuff. Which is why I like it. It's quite simplistic in its instrumental and its words are just stunningly beautiful. Considering the other stuff that the band turn out, it's definitely a more laid back song which is what makes it special to me. I fell in love with it the moment I heard it. And, also, who doesn't like 7 string guitars right?!

So here's the song! See what you think! What would you choose as your song of the year? Let me know!  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwBdKC4EwSs

See ya next time folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment